Skip to content

Reporting Child Abuse

The Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown is firmly committed to protecting children. If you have any information concerning suspected sexual or other abuse of minors, you are urged to report it immediately.

Pennsylvania Child Line (24/7 Intake)

Pennsylvania Attorney General Hotline

Pennsylvania State Police Headquarters

or your local Pennsylvania State Police Station

Your local police department

The Process of Reporting

If there is an indication of imminent danger, you should call 911 immediately.

To report to the Diocese any unsuspected abuse of a minor, please call Nulton Diagnostic and Treatment Center* at this Toll-Free Number: (833) 685-8661
Your call will be received by a representative of Nulton Diagnostic and Treatment Center. Any information provided to Nulton Diagnostic and Treatment Center will be reported to law enforcement as required by state law.

*Nulton Diagnostic and Treatment Center is independently owned and operated, and not associated with the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown.

Victim/Survivor Assistance and Resource Information

For Victim/Survivor information and resources, please call:

Jean Johnstone ~ Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown Victim/Survivor Assistance Representative ~ (814) 944-9388

To report an allegation of abuse or mishandling of allegations of sexual abuse by a bishop via the internet:

Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service Website ~ 1-800-276-1562

Additional Victim/Survivor information and resources are available within
the eight counties of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown through the following agencies:

Bedford County
Your Safe Haven Inc.

Blair County
Family Services, Inc.

Cambria/Somerset Counties
Victim Services, Inc.

Centre County
Centre County Women’s Resource Center

Clinton County
Clinton County Women’s Center

Franklin/Fulton Counties
Women In Need/Victim Services

Huntingdon/Mifflin/Juniata Counties
The Abuse Network 24-Hour Hotline

(717) 242-2444
Toll-Free PA Hotline ~ (888) 810-2444
Mifflin County Office ~ (717) 242-0715
Juniata County Office ~ (717) 447-1885
Huntingdon County Office (814) 506-8237 / (717) 242-2444

Back To Top