Bishop Mark Bartchak will honor eleven individuals with the 2017 Prince Gallitzin Cross. The Bishop presents the award annually to priests, religious, or laity who exhibit the “evangelizing spirit” of the Prince-Priest and Servant of God Demetrius Gallitzin. The 2017 recipients are:
- Edgar and Nancy Anna, Saint Bernard Parish in Hastings
- Nathaniel Barbera, Saint Peter Parish in Somerset
- Rev. Clarence “Chuck” Bridges, Saint John Gualbert Cathedral in Johnstown
- Mary Jane Knisel, Saint Bartholomew Parish in Wilmore
- Peter and Denise Kreckel, Saint Matthew Parish in Tyrone
- Monica Ludwig, Saint Nicholas Parish in Nicktown
- Carmela Magistro, Saint Therese of the Child Jesus Parish in Johnstown
- Irene Matse, Holy Family Parish in Hooversville
- Donna Stoy, Saint Thomas Aquinas Parish in Ashville
Bishop Bartchak will present the Prince Gallitzin Cross to the honorees during a dinner and awards ceremony on June 3, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. at the Calvin House in Duncansville. Tickets may be obtained by contacting Mrs. Jeanne Duffy at the Diocesan Administration Center in Hollidaysburg at (814) 695-5579 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $35 per person. Reservations are required by May 19.
Please click on the document below to view past Prince Gallitzin Cross awardees.