The Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown has announced plans for pastoral and spiritual renewal through the program ARISE Together in Christ by RENEW International.
Benefits of ARISE
- Enables parishioners to develop a closer relationship with Christ
- Deepens faith through prayer and sharing in small communities
- Encourages putting faith into action in daily life
- Fosters spiritual renewal and bonds of friendship in the parish
- Offers specific approaches and resources for inviting parishioners
- Emphasizes outreach to youth and young adults
Letter from Bishop Mark:
Column by Monsignor Timothy Stein:
All Parishes are Welcome! Bring your parish leaders to learn about ARISE and begin to form your parish team.
January 24, 2018
1:00-2:00 p.m. or 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Saint Andrew Parish, Johnstown
1:00-2:30 p.m. or 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Saint Catherine of Siena Parish, Duncansville
Saint Benedict Parish, Carrolltown
Our Lady of Victory Parish, State College
January – Orientation Sessions
January/February – Parish kits arrive
April – Launching ARISE: Leadership Training for the ARISE Parish Team
May – Reaching Out: Evangelization Training for the ARISE Parish Team
September – Leadership Formation Workshop
September – Parishes launch the ARISE process with Sign-Up Sunday, and then invite support in prayer with Prayer Commitment Sunday
October-November – The parish-based small communities participate in the six faith-sharing sessions of Season One: Encountering Christ Today.
For more information and to RSVP, contact:
Sister Linda LaMagna, CCW
Diocesan ARISE Coordinator